Monday, November 08, 2004

Welcome to My Blog!

Dear friends and family,

I'm glad that you found a moment to visit this little project of mine. It is my hope that you will find something interesting and thought-provoking here.

If you are new to blogs please allow me to show you around. The term "blog" is an abbreviation of weblog, and it is exactly that -- a diary (or log) published on the World Wide Web. Literally millions of people across the globe publish their thoughts in this medium and their rationales for doing so are just as numerous. For me, this is an opportunity to crystallize certain ideas that I have been developing relating to culture and politics. While many of these ideas fit comfortably into the liberal/progressive narrative, they do have a somewhat unusual perspective that hopefully extends the boundaries of discussion. That's the goal, anyway.

At the bottom of each entry you'll find a link that will allow you to leave your comments. One of the most important aspects of blogging is the interplay between author and audience, so if you feel moved to add to the discussion, please do so.

At the top of the left column you will find links to what I consider to be my best entries thus far. Perusing them will give you a feel for what I'm attempting to accomplish here.

Below that, you will find a list of links to other blogs that have influenced me. If you'd like to know what I like about them, click here. These writers define the genre of political blogging and I highly recommend them to you.

If you would like to simply read the most recent posts, click here and you will be taken to the front page. The newest entries will always appear there.

That's really all there is. Poke around and enjoy yourself. If you like what you see then by all means share this blog with others. The more the merrier.

Best wishes to all,

-- TTN
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com