Monday, December 13, 2004

Wish I'd Said That

The liberal dominance of academia is a well-documented phenomenon. Not that it needs to be (well-documented, that is), since anyone who has been to college will tell you that. But, I suppose more data is always welcome. The interesting thing, though, is not the existence of the phenomenon, but the reaction to it. And specifically, the Republican/conservative reaction. I mean, it's really bizarre. For more on this, check out this Jonathan Chait commentary (via Nick Confessore over at Tapped).

You know, when I'm in a roomful of experts I have a tendency to defer to their judgment in their area of expertise. Otherwise, I end up looking like kind of a jackass -- something I avoid when I can. Apparently, the modern conservative movement has no such fears. At any rate, Chait's commentary basically says it all. I'm just envious that he said it first.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com